Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tubes, Tubes and more Tubes.



At one time during the night I had 5 of them sticking out,,, Four coming from the "tree" and the Man purse. I found out today that the man-purse will be with me for a while... it's and anti-rejection drug. Plus, I take some pills for the same thing. One of the reasons I'll need a caregiver when I leave the hospital is to manage the meds.I remember when I had my heart surgery in '83, I had pills to take and I laid them out on a piece of cardboard in the little cups... only way to keep tract.

Marie is here.. got here just a lunch showed up She's reading. I'm blogging. Going to have to take a walk soon. Maybe take in the caregiver class at 3:30. The PT and OT folks were here this AM... brought me a new quad-cane to try out and took me out for a walk and showed me how to use it. That went well, but then I needed a shower and I did everything wrong... didn't sit to put my shoes on... walked across the floor in my wet crocks to get my clothes... the OT was freeking out. I didin't fall, but she we making sure; and I was a little shacky and teetered from side to side at times. I promised to follow the rules from now on.

Doc's came too. and the social worker. We may be able to get into Hope Lodge afterall. If we don't like it we can move into an apartment. That's down the road a couple of weeks. For now I have to get through this.

I've been tryong to relate this to an event growing up or in my recent past. The  only thing I can remember is going to Vietman... getting there with 365 days to serve...little contact with the outside world except for the "Stars and Stripes" AFTV. Lonely time. This is so much better... still hoping for the same outcome... i.e. coming out with your life intact. But having friends and family just a keyclick aways is wonderful. And I don't need no "stinkin" "Stars and Stripes", I got the Republican American, the Orlando Sentinal, USA Today!

And the best part is that by Sunday, I'll already be a "two digit midget".

9 comments:

  1. An eagle snagged a fish out of the pond this morning. Number two eagle showed up and tried to take it away. A real cool arial dog(eagle)fight. Lots of noise and feathers. Number one prevailed. You too will prevail!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. now you have stumped me.....what the heck is a 2 digit midget? Gus seems to think it has something to do with the man-cave....I think it has to do with how much time left to serve in the hospital.
    Settle the bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Ron O used to call me a 2 dig midg as I counted down to retirement!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don-This is a test. This is only a test. If activated you will be required to go to your nearest protective shelter. Tony is trying to help me get on the blog (whatever that means). Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don, I am thoroughly enjoying these blogs. Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about? Not really! Anyway, I'm so glad to read that things are progressing as planned. You are such a trooper! Keep up the good work! It will all be worth itin the end.
    Love to you and Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait until you can trade that quad cane in for an Alfa! Down the road a ways, but I will be there to help you take it for a test drive. Hey, when I come up there I will need to have the remedial pill despensing training before I get to the real thing! I am Sicilian and we count on our fingers, so if there are more than ten I will need to take off my shoes!
    Went to my weekly Rotary Club meeting this morning and got everyone praying for you.
    Love you,
    Udder Brudder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Mr. Two digit Midget, your quite the storyteller, keep them coming. Told all my readers about you blog, they love it and wish you the very best! We all do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walked across the room in wet clogs to get your clothes? That's quite the visual! Do I have to come down there to make you behave?? You never cease to amaze me-in so many ways. Keep on fighting- Please tell Marie I'm hoping she is feeling better.She is a special lady.


    The shirts are on the way. Love you, Lennie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Don or is it the "Donnie & Marie Show" ,
    As for tubes, I hear you both have them coming out of ya'll today. Took your advise and invested in biogeneral.
    http://www.biogeneral.com/?gclid=CLq8lbG_i6gCFQQbKgoddiLnDA

    Hang in there B.I.L.- (brother-in-law)_ Marie says they may drain enough cells out of her today(Thursday), so keepng fingrs Xd for you both. Keep on writin'.

    Love,
    Don

    ReplyDelete