Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day +22 : Sound the Gong!!!

We knew it was eventually going to happen and overnight (or maybe the D helped… LOL) but… drum roll please… Neutrophils are FINALLY UP!! I saw the numbers and they confused me so I just listened to the PA and believed what she said! Up far enough that the team has decided to remove some of the antibiotics that I’ve been taking and had infused.  That meant that this morning, for example, I only needed the magnesium, which is wasted by the anti-rejection drugs. We’ll see how the week flushes out, but I may be able to get rid of the central line. THAT piece of equipment is a real pain... has to be kept dry when I shower; shower shields are tearing up my skin. Switched to Glad Press ’n Seal… seems to be working better and no torn off chunks of skin.

The lower GI situation persists, but not as bad as it was. I figure it’s on the wane… wish me luck. I gave them a “sample” today… they want to check for all kinds of stuff. Just let it go away.

Had a visit today from my neighbor and good friend, Mike and his wife Artha. We had a great two hours together. Mike, being my next door neighbor, has assumed the role of chief house watcher. He and Artha are Posse members, and I could never thank Mike enough for what he’s been doing for me… from keeping an eye on the house painter, to taking care of the pool, to helping with the meds for the cats.  He and Art had gone to Sarasota to pick up some glass… Mike is a stained glass wizard… and stopped here in Tampa on the way back to Orlando. Great folks, great visit.

Have a great Sunday.

9 comments:

  1. Nice pic Don. Keep praying and send blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gong! Gong! Gong!

    Is that what Mell Allen use to say?

    Maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee, "another BIG step on the long winding roda" Boy can I relate to the lower GI thing!

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news. Best May day present ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are winning the war captain Don. Glad to hear the good news. 73 from my end of the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don,
    Great news indeed!!!!! T and I will have a toast later today to the Man and the Neutrophils. Played golf with our friend Gary today and he sends his regards.
    Love you,
    Udder Brudder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good God Sforza, you are the eveready battery man! Nice news once again, (but I had to look up Neutrophils first). I guess all those little 'mimi' bus drivers parked their vehicles in the right place !!! Hope the "D" goes away quickly, you really need that on top of everything else.
    U keep writin, we keep readin'.
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Don,

    I'm glad your counts are on the way back up. Let's home the "D" goes away quickly. Thinking of you. Have a great day. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh God fabulous !!!!!!!!! "Great news" Keep on this fast track. The prayers continue to come and I guess we gotta love the Neutrophils!!!

    Here's to you my friend..
    Love,
    Ron & Sarah

    ReplyDelete