Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day +13... a tiny step backwards

I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say, today was a mixed bag. We're still shooting for a Sunday release, but my white cell count dropped a tad. This could be the absolute bottom because my platelet count WENT UP!! That means my bone marrow is working (with Marie's cells). So for obvious reasons the doc is cautious about the weekend. Ruth Ann is packing the car for a move and I got the keys to our apartment this afternoon!!! So as soon as the doc says "GO", we move in.

I've felt really crappy all day... the PT folks came and dragged me out into the hall for some walking and then some exercises in place for some strengthening. I sat around and did nothing the rest of the afternoon. I am feeling a lot better than they told me I was going to feel, however, and I'm happy with that.

I'm still getting reaction about the Bobby story... talked to my sister today and she brought up a few more event from Town Plot. What a place to grow up. You couldn't do ANYTHING without it getting back to Mom and Dad... good or bad. Mostly the bad stuff though.  I'm sure in every other neighborhood in the 1950's and 1960's Waterbury it was the same. I got stopped for speeding in downtown one morning... license and registration... sure, the cop knew Dad. "Young man, which would you prefer, that I give you a ticket or call your father". Fortunately, no ticket, no phone call; a stern warning was enough for me to slow down.

Let's hope for better counts tomorrow... they draw blood at 4:00 AM.

Ciao,
Don

3 comments:

  1. Talk to Mark about "flying under the radar". Life in a Town where your parents are in business wasn't rosey for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to remind me about things getting back to home when you live in Townplot... My father new things that I had not even done yet. But they were the greatest days!!!! Our families introduced radar.

    So things sound great and you are right a quick side step and after all Good Friday and our prayer we are in. Cugine you are always one day away!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don-I've got news for you Don. It wasn't that way just in 1950-60s Waterbury. Detroit was exactly the same. Ron

    ReplyDelete