Wednesday, April 20, 2011

+12 - My Lucky Number?

Yes folks, 12 could be my lucky number. I appears that my counts have bottomed. White cell count dropped by .03, but both hemoglobin and platelets have gone up a smidg. That's exciting and it means I've pretty much felt as bad as I'm going to feel (Did that make sense?). Doc's encouraged too, and reaffirmed that the weekend will see me leave this place. I got an e-mail from a friend today and she wanted to know about the food... not bad I said, especially compared to ORMC in Orlando.


One day they served beef tips on rice... next day, beef stew (same stuff, just a day older)... next day, beef soup (same stuff again). It would be OK, except that the beef tips were awful to begin with, and it only got worse!!! Here, we get a menu every day. Breakfast is pretty pedestrian with the usual suspects and the choices never change... oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Lunch and dinner are the same menu each day, but there are SIX entree choices. So you can choose one entree at lunch and another at dinner. Three entrees never change, but the other three change every day... plus sandwiches and anything from the grill. Best meal yet, chicken pot pie.


I got a lot of good response about the Bobby story. I'll dig into the archives to see if I can come up with more. Nite, Nite.

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo!!!! So hopefully this means the Florida family will meet you at your apartment on Sunday for Easter 'services'. Peeps and Cadbury eggs for all (since they aren't vegetables and all!)

    ReplyDelete