Monday, April 25, 2011

Day +17 What a Blast!

Hey folks, all's well here in our little doll house. I haven't lived in an apartment since my military days, and as figured, it hasn't changed. Nice view, tho' of the lake/pond with ducks and little ducks that have to duck the eagles. The last crop of ducklings numbered 15 and the eagles got all but TWO! I'd say the eagles are either very accurate or very lucky. We had a flock of ducklings that were hanging around our house last year (12). And at one point, Ruth Ann was out there with a broom to scare the hawks away... all 12 made it as far as we know.


So back to me... ALL COUNTS UP!!!! Platelets, Hemoglobin, White Blood cells... Woo Hoo! Had a little setback this afternoon... some burning when I did number one. They said it could be a virus that everyone has, but in my case, because my resistance is down, it crops up. They watch it, but I'm taking a TON of antibiotics, including two IV ones, and they don't want to add any others.


Becky is here with me and working... I wouldn't let her up from her workplace all day. I'm worse than her boss!


Hope you all had a great Easter. I did! Getting out of the hospital was better than the Easter Bunny.

6 comments:

  1. Gee, Don, you sound practically perky! I am so sorry we couldn't make it over yesterday, but Mari sure was in a world of hurt and had been for over a week. She couldn't get into the chiropractor last week, and saw her today. In typical Koral fashion (my side of the family), she has occasional sciatic trouble, not the baby pressing on anything yet. We will be sure to get up to see you very soon. And, be kind to your caretaker Remember, she loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Don, GREAT NEWS!! You sound fantastic!! The fact that you're out of the hospital is great therapy for you. Go ahead, shift into second and keep gaining speed. All the BEST to you my friend. JIM G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don
    Love the news! Guess all those little "bus drivers" are moving in the same direction. Glad you keep us posted and thinking of ya each day.
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don & Ruthann
    Fabulous news, go easy on your caregiver never want to piss them off. So happy things are going well, I guess Marie is driving this adventure for now. Keep on going and keep the great spirit and blog news love getting the updates.

    Love to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don-Congratulations. (Now you can watch the Yankess lose 24/7). Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear your news. Take it one day at a time and before you know it, you will be back home. We had a houseful for Easter. Your cousin was on top of her game. Lots of food, lots of fun and lots of leftovers!
    Walter

    ReplyDelete