Monday, April 18, 2011

Day +10... What a difference a day makes

It was bound to happen... they promised me it would happen... my hair started to come out. I asked for the hairdresser to come by and do a buzz cut and now I have a 1/4 inch fuzz. That's the shortest they will let them cut it... they're worried about nicking the skin and opening up an avenue for infection.

Other than that it was a pretty uneventful day: some meds were adjusted; added Lasix to try to get the swelling down in my ankles; changed another so I don't have to Pee every hour. I was so excited during the night. I went to sleep at 10 and when I got te urge I looked at the clock on the wall and it said 3:00AM. I said "HOLY COW, i went five hours". So I got back into bed and woke up again and looked at the clock... harrumph only 1:30. My 3:00AM was really 12:15!!!! And I'm still peeing like a race horse... albeit a little slower and without nearly the volume. Maybe this next dose will help.

I've been moving around more... cruising the hallways. If I do 11 complete horseshoes I've done a mile. That's not easy when you're dragging a walker with you. I can do two with ease... I;m gonna shoot for three. When I get to four, I'll try to do it three times a day... that's better than a mile. Maybe by Friday. PT was here this AM and worked my over... legs, hips calfs, quads. Then some balance stuff... eyes open and eyes closed...UGH!

I think I'll take two more laps before I get turned in.

From semi-hairless Don
Caio

10 comments:

  1. Bald (or semi-hairless) men rock!!!!

    I am cheering you on from the snowy depths!

    Hugs from Viz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still cute as a button I am sure. Keep up the writing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see Ruth Ann this morning and get the good news!! Hair is way over-rated...wish I could have a buzz cut...no more frizzy curls! Keeping you guys in thoughts and prayers!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy things are sounding fabulous, no worries about hair all I have been hearing these days is manscaping so you are really in. God bless you and continue to help you reach those big steps. To you Ruthann and Becky and sean too, keep up the courage and strength for this big journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hair is for hippies...high and tight! Keep up w those laps. All our love-dave, sar, mol, Eric, Nina...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, we're still praying for you every night at supper. Now we'll add prayers that your hair comes back, long and blond.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hair is definately overated. I wouldn't go as far to say you are "cute as a button" but for an old guy, you still got it.
    T,R and I are in Scottsdale and today visiting an olive farm where they make their own Oil etc. Be driving up to the Canyon tomorrow with a stop in Sadona on the way.
    See you in your new digs when I return.
    Love you,
    Udder Brudder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don-Keep those laps going. By the way, hair is
    SO overrated. (Six more weeks and the SOX will be back at .500. Then, watch out). It was nice seeing and talking to you on Sunday. Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Don, Who needs hair anyway??? We both know it will grow back. A lot of women like bald men :) Keep doing the laps. I am glad to hear you are doing well. I have been thinking of you. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Don, I thought I posted this earlier today but, I don't see it here. I hate to admit that I'm technically challenged! Your blogs are getting better and better, meaning YOU are getting better and better. A word of advice... wear tightie-whities under your hospital gown when doing your laps. You know what they say about butt-crack. I've never seen yours but, lets not go there... All The BEST my friend. JIM G.

    ReplyDelete