Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Double Double, Toil and Trouble, Fire Burn and Caouldron Bubble"

I wish I had said that. Unfortunately it was the immortal Bard in the opening of the Tempest. No tempest here today... elimination is OK... they're giving me normal saline to boost urine production. I believe I'm peeing more than enough, especially at night. I'm up every hour or so to give them a present. And the nausea is OK; I'm eating good.

The reason for the Tempest opening is that my double vision has returned and the glasses that I got a few months ago aren't working... I see better without the glasses, and my older cheaters are just fine. This has happened before, I just need a patch to prevent me from going completely bananas. Other than that, I'm doing OK... still shakey on my feet, so I'm better with the walker that the quad cane. As my legs get stronger, that'll change. I have PT and OT everyday and exercises to do when they're not around.

Sean hooked up at Slingbox at my house, so I can access my DVR remotely and watch, on my computer, the shows I have saved. This will be great when we go to the Cape also. Skype is getting a workout... just got off with Gus and Jackie.  Becky and Sean, Ruth Ann are regulars... and we skyped with the Spino's and Penta's over the weekend. Got to get a good look at Jay's new Camaro, heads up display and all... Oh to be 25 again.

Ruth Ann and I had a '68 Camaro when we first got married.. maroon Rally Sport with a black vinyl top. One Thanksgiving eve I was coming up Rt 8 in Naugatuck in a light rain... temp was 32. Hit the bridge on the Waterbury line and found it was solid ice. The front end came around and hit on the left front, then it spun around and tapped the right rear. In hindsight, I should have gotten it fixed. I also should have kept the Mercedes 190SL I had, copies of which, restored, are going for $125,000. I sold it for $1200.00.

Anon...

5 comments:

  1. Morning Daddy! I love you! Enjoy the Sling Box - pretty cool new toy as long as the Internet holds out. :-) xoxo I'll Skype with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are connected to all the good stuff!! Glad we get to see you on Skype!! Maybe someday you can ride in the new Camaro! (Jay drove to Brooklyn again today...just because!!) ;)

    Hang in there! Thinking of you often!

    Gotta get going to school - the little ones wait!
    xoxo
    Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Sean is a magician. I say really test the "family strength" of your son-in-law-to-be and ask him to borrow his new iPad so you can watch what you recorded in style!!!!

    And, yeah, to be 25 again, knowing what we know now! I drove the Camaro when we were in Norwalk on Sunday. Not only is it way cool, but the car is a beast. One of these days I have to have him let me take it on the highway, without him - another test of "family strength!!!"

    Wonderful to hear your feeling OK, all considered. We think about you often.

    Be Well,
    Ant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the naseau is subsiding, hopefully the double vision will follow suit soon! So glad technology is what it is so you can stay connected. Looking forward to skyping again soon!
    Love ya,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi don, well i guess i have some car regrets...rather my boys do. remember my 66 camaro and don and mine 74BMW 2002tii. david and eric just can't believe we didn't hang on to those cars. hope you had a good day. just got home from work - 11 hours!!! tired and hungry. talk with you tomorrow. love, rie

    ReplyDelete