Friday, April 15, 2011

Day +6 and Progress

Here we are 6 days out from the infusion (last Friday)and we're narrowing the reason for the double vision. It's not a bad thing when a pretty nurse is involved, but if it's a burly orderly... oooooh!!!

Anyway, I had that brain MRI last night and I got the results today... they didn't find anything (OK, quit the snickering). Next up was the opthamologist who showed up at my bedside at O-Dark-30 and proceeded to dilate my pupils. Boy, that set the stage for a great day. Not only was I seeing double, but now the doubles were blurry! She came back about an hour later checked me out and said there was nothing wrong with my eyes. Last up was the Lumbar Puncture.

They wheeled me out of here at about 1:30 PM and I was back in my room at 3... quick team, My regular oncologist came in at 5:30 PM and announced that there were NO MANTLE CELLS in the spinal fluid... HORRAY!!!! So the only thing that can be causing this problem is the meds and chemo, and anti rejection stuff, and the anti viral, and the anti fungal and, and, and...

I can live with that. Ruth Ann is here and she brought my patch. So I watch TV with the patch over one eye or the other. It'll go away soon enough. In the meantime I have other things to do...like get my strength back, especially in my legs. And get my balance... still thinking of that first dance.

7 comments:

  1. Don, you're in excellent company with my favorite 3-time MVP: New York Herald Tribune: "The ball struck Berra on the right temple and knocked him cold. He was taken to Fordham Hospital. X-ray pictures of Berra's head showed nothing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post Don! When I didn't get a post for a couple of days, I got nervous that things might not be going well. Glad things continue to go OK. Love and prayers to you and Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do yourself (or I should say everyone else) a favor and hire someone to do the dancing. I have seen you in action. Even a dozen Grand Marnier's will not help you. Glad things are going well, and be the first guy out there cutting the rug.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Don! Great to Skype with you! You look great! Looking forward to the next time, it will look like Pirates of the Caribbean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Don - We have been having technical difficulties and missed a few days but are catching up this morning. So glad all of the news has been good. Ron feels the need to empathize with you - he has had a stomach virus for the past couple days with all of the unpleasant side effects. He is better today and weaning off of the Gatorade.
    Seeing two of Ruth Ann is a good thing - never mind the nurses. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don, Glad to hear of your great progress. Sounds like you're on the (easier) down-hill leg. Tell them to put some vodka in your I.V. It may help!!
    Keep the blog coming my friend. All the BEST!!
    JIM G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don,
    Glad to see your post and the progress you're making. Hope to keep reading more like this. But the mixture you're taking (meds,chemo,anti rejection stuff, and the anti viral, and the and, and,and....)sounds like some sort of medical PastaFaZool!
    Ciao,
    Don

    ReplyDelete