Sunday, April 10, 2011

Counts on down...

It's started. The counts are dropping and will continue to drop for the next week. That means that the way I feel now is the best I'm going to feel for a while. I'm willing to put up with that except that I woke up this morning with a sore back, headache, more neuorpathy than normal and a bloodshot eye. Doc's are adjusting the meds to help, but I'm expecting a long week.

Ruth Ann was here over the weekend... Becky and Sean were here (TWICE), also. It was great to have some company, even if just quiet time.  Now the Masters is over and they've gone home. I'll only be alone for a while... meds will have me asleep before the Yankee/RedSox game starts... sooooo I gotta move on this.

Interesting things, these blogs: I've connected with folks that I haven't heard from in a long time. The most striking was from Jen C... and old friend of Becky's from the Southington days. Becky and Jen were fast friends... in fact, Becky was the only Catholic kid in the Baptist youth group at Jen's church. And went to Baptist summer camp  in Pittsfield, MA several years running. She came home once denouncing rock and roll. That lasted until we got to the CT/MA border!

The last blog also brought out some of my Triumph friends... the ribbing never stops!

On the morrow....

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy!!!!!!!sounds like things are happening, sorry you are having some not so good feelings. Just take some of the stuff to sleep it off. Sorry I do not want the yanks to win, but sure do want you to. So keep up the attitude and strength as we all cheer you on and of course say the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Don! When Allison (Rosemary) was little her favorite book was the story of Louis Pasteur (Yeah, she always was unique!) The rabies vaccine was explained as "Magical Soldiers with bright eyes that can see in the dark...and will kill the enemy." I am picturing "Marie's Magical Stem Cells" marching through your body and doing their job while the chemo kills the enemy! I hope you can sleep through most of the battle and wake up feeling strong and healthy!
    Love and prayers,
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete