Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 47 Take Five

Well here we are almost halfway through this “ordeal”. We met with Dr. Tomblyn yesterday afternoon. I had had labs on Sunday so that she’d have the results. Things are looking OK… most of the counts are creeping up, neutrophils at 1700, white blood cells doing OK, as are hemoglobin. We’re watching the Albumin which is one measure of protein. Another issue popped up, a virus that is common in BMT. The doc fiddled with the meds, added one, and off we go. My weight as been holding, the central line is OUT!!! Yea!!

Walked another 2 laps tonight, but the other night was a different story… I did one and was ready to drop. It happens.  I was talking to my good friend Clark yesterday. He was my roommate in Vietnam, and lives in California. Clark‘s recovering from a hip replacement and doing well. But, he’s hit a bump with his PT and was complaining about not being able to do as much at his last session.  I guess our bodies are telling us that they need time to recover. Funny, huh?

I got an e-mail from another old friend today, Mike Draper. Mike and I started our careers together back in 1971 with Connecticut Mutual Life and shared an office for several years.  I used to get the NY Times (for those who know me that's strange!!) on Sundays and I would give him the Book Review and he would give me the Sporting News. Well after several years of tenacious work, he’s got his first book published, Spattered Blood, due to be released this fall. He’s also got another one in the wings, ready to go. For a preview, go to http://www.momstreehouse.com/author-spotlight-mike-draper.
GO MIKEY!!!

Take care all.  I won’t be so long in getting another to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment