Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day +27 Again, Good Ones.


WOW! Neutrophils at 2270! When you consider they were at 80 just a short time ago, I’m just blown away… and I hope you are, too. The other counts were OK… WBC at 3.78, Hemoglobin at 10.7, but platelets slid to 102. Met with the PA this AM and she said when the counts start coming up, they sometimes bounce around a bit on the way up. I don’t have blood work again until Sunday, so we’ll see what they’re at that time.

I did another .4 mile walk today. Felt pretty good, but I would really like to get rid of these clown feet. When I get out of Becky’s Mini Cooper S, I feel there should be another 15 clowns behind me. The Italian Job… great movie, huh?  Hope you’ve seen it.

I’ve had a new caregiver the past couple of days. Bob and I have been friends for over 30 years and we worked together way back then for a very successful life insurance brokerage firm… that’s where I got my start in wholesaling. Anyway, Bob and I went to Italy together back in ’04. Bob had been there before, several times, and felt significantly knowledgeable to plan the trip… and what a trip he planned! We did Rome, Positano (on the Amalfi Coast), Pompei, and Pontalandolfo… whew… a whirlwind trip in 10 days. In Positano, the girl at the front desk offered to push the beds together for us…”No thank you”!!! We must have been quite a couple all over Italy… the two gay guys from Connecticut.

Bob’s quite a taskmaster (I think I mentioned that last night), and really showed his colors today… eat this, (Shrimp Putenesca last night, steak tonight) drink that, take your pills, yadda yadda. I admit I need the nagging. In my shape I forget stuff… lotsa stuff. I’ll be glad if I get a modicum if my brain cells back, especially the ability to remember the short stuff. That’s why I need a “sponge” with me at Dr’s appointments… either Ruth Ann or Becky… and now Bob!

Hey, have a great day. Luv U all.

2 comments:

  1. Great news, Don! I remember you telling about your trip to Italy - It was such a great story! Bob sure is a good friend. Walter and I stayed in Positano a few years ago and had to climb 92 steps to get to up to our apartment every day. What a beautiful place! The color of the water is like no other place on earth! Thanks for sharing and bringing up such great memories! Have a great day, clown feet and all! Love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers' Day, good buddy!!

    ReplyDelete