Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day +25 A Quarter of a Way There!

No new news on the counts. They decided that I didn’t need to have labs drawn every day (They’re probably saving the insurance company money!!). I’ve got a full load of tests scheduled for tomorrow. The D is back… ugh! But we’re trying to manage it. Also, we’re working on the swelling in my legs to try to get that down. It especially bothers me on the bottom of my feet… like I’m walking on someone else’s feet.

Speaking of feet… and inches. My caregiver and I (Becky, Ruth Ann or Bob L who is with me now) have taken an evening walk around the lake here. The folks at the hospital told us that the path was ¼ mile around. So last night, Becky and I did a lap, then I sat on a bench and read my Nook while Becky did another 6 laps. Becky said, “That is NOT  ¼ mile”. So we went in and Becky pulled up a map of the area (actually a satellite picture) and used a program that she has for mapping out running routes. Guess what… the route is .418 mile around. I didn’t believe I could walk, with a walker, for that distance!  And I was going to try to do 3/8 of a mile!

I got a call from an old friend tonight, Charlie Brown (no jokes, please). Charlie’s a Triumph guy… I lived through his resurrection of a TR3A. It’s a head turner now and he can be seen bouncing around the Clearwater/Tampa area. Interestingly enough Charlie’s going to be at Moffitt tomorrow for a checkup and an infusion. We’re going to get to see each other in a very unlikely place, no?

3 comments:

  1. That's quite a "feet" walking that distance with your walker AND on flintstone feet! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, hang in there buddy! Sounds like you're back on the road again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don you are doing a great job...moonwalk feet and all. Get ready for the big dance November 19. Great caregivers please let us know if the ones you have need a break. we would be happy to come and help out but only one at a time.

    Love to all of you,

    ReplyDelete