Friday, May 13, 2011

Day + 36 Friday the 13th… Not so Scary Anymore!

Had a great appointment with the Doc this AM and she told me that I’m way ahead of where she expected to be… YAHOO!

It all started the other day when I met with one of the PA’s. He had the results of the CT scan I had had done on Monday. The scan showed that two of the nodes had not increased in size… and hadn’t shrunk, either. However, four of the nodes had shrunk!! FOUR OF THEM!!! This is HUGE!!! This is what we expected from Marie’s cells, but not as soon as it’s happened. Also, my blood counts are pretty much where we expected to be… platelets are down but at an acceptable level.

Later on today I went for a PT evaluation, and my balance has gotten much, much better. So I went through the evaluation and I’m going to go to PT twice for the next four weeks. We really tested the balance thing and I was surprised at how well I walked without my walker.

So when the sun went down and the sea breeze cooled off everything, Ruth Ann and I went for a walk. When we got about a third of the way around I asked Ruth Ann to take my walker so I could walk a bit without it. Well… I FINISHED THE LOOP without the walker. It was a tough walk… really concentrating on my balance. But it was very satisfying and gave me confidence that I can get through this.

There is still some rough going ahead but at 35 days, I’m a third of the way through. Two weeks from today I’ll be at the halfway point. No, it won’t be downhill from there, there will still be bumps in the road.But I'm ready for them.

Jackie and Gus are coming over tomorrow… visitors from the neighborhood… Posse members. Looking forward to it.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Don!!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I am so glad to read it. Keeping you in my thoughts -

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I heard Mom say it earlier today - but it's always so great to see good news in writing!! I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete