Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day + 32 Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

Not a terrific couple of days. Counts are down a bit; more “D”; resorting to Lasix to control the swelling in my legs (ankles really… I’ve got Cankles!). I’m also wearing those stupid looking stockings all the way up to my crotch… they are NOT comfortable.

I met with the Doc yesterday and she’s not too concerned. She was very through and went over the blood work line by line and explained what was happening. I’m at day 32 and all is expected. She had ordered a CT scan and that was done yesterday afternoon and I had a bone marrow biopsy today. We asked (Ruth Ann and me) what she was looking for in the CT scan and she said she wanted to make sure there was no new criminal activity. As to the biopsy, she wanted to see what was with the bone marrow, what activity, and were the new cells playing nice in the sandbox. We will probably know the results of the CT scan tomorrow, or the end of the week at the worst, but some of the bone marrow tests will take up to three weeks!!! Yikees!!! Patience, it’s a virtue, right?

Ruth Ann was here for a day, and then Becky took over. She’s leaving for her 20th (can you believe it?) reunion at Taft in Watertown. She and Sean are flying up on Friday morning and staying at the Litchfield Inn. Mmmmm, my 50th at Croft is coming up in three years… how the time flies.

Food story: Becky and I cracked open a container of that pasta e fagioli tonight. We cooked up some ditalini and the feast began. We both ate a big bowl and finished the rest as seconds. I was damn full, and so was Becky. Then Becky says she could eat pasta e fagioli until it makes her sick. I’m glad we ran out when we did.

1 comment:

  1. Don and Becky keep eating that pasta fagioli and what the swelling in the belly begin. Lucky for you there is no more. Well the counts are letting you know they got a little tired. Mobility is resting. Hang in as you do and you just reminded us keep on praying. Glad the Doc said what was expected and did all the testing. They are on you for sure.

    Love to you and your great care givers. Funny you never said you could use my help. If I come those counts and BP would soar....

    ReplyDelete