Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day +62 “As Time Goes By”




Another case of two steps forward, one step back. I was giddy over doing three laps last night… I was a little tired, but happy. The total mileage was a little over 1 ¼ miles. Also, I’ve been feeling good and looking forward to my doctor appointment tomorrow. So, today Becky and I went to PT (evaluation day)… she worked and I was evaluated. After that we stopped at the pharmacy and picked up a refill for one of the 22 or so drugs that I take. Then off to the BMT clinic for blood work… we were home by 11:00 AM.

Then the other shoe drops; the phone rang a 12:30… blood results were in and my white blood cells were critically low. It necessitated a change in meds, dropping one and restarting another AND, I had to go back to the hospital for a Neupagen shot. So, by the time we got back there, waited while they ran through patients during lunch hours (you can imagine how that was), we FINALLY got out of there by 2:30… UGH!

So the upside of the whole day was dinner. Sean came to relieve Becky (Ruth Ann had to be at school tomorrow and Becky couldn’t be out of the office four days in a row). Ruth Ann and I thought we and had another container of sauce and meatballs in the freezer, but when I thawed it, it was Bob Lombardo’s super-duper Putenesca sauce. What a treat! On Linguini… Heaven!

My cousin Rich, who lives in Eastham, on Cape Cod with his wife Judy, slipped me an e-mail today and brought back memories of another “Sunday Picnic” place… Rockwell Park in Bristol. It was a really nice place back then, and had a really nice picnic grove. But because it was a park in the middle of a city, the guys had to go at 6:00 AM to secure one of the huge, concrete picnic tables with benches. The guys would play setback until the rest of the family showed up. It’s a good thing they didn’t start drinking that early!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment