Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day +58 "All Summer Long..."

I'm still basking in the glow of Friday's doc visit.  Wow, what a trip! I also want to thank all the folks who have commented and sent me emails of congratulations. I do apologize that I don't get to answer them right away, but I will answer all in time. By the way, thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts... they surely work.

Ruth Ann and I went on a road trip today... no, not too far away. First we went to JoAnn's (Ruth Ann needed some fabric), then Bed and Bath (Dark Raisinets) and to Petsmart for cat food. Then Total Wine for a few bottles of vino and then to an Italian deli that was recommended to us... what a disappointment! I guess I'm spoiled by Aventura's on America Street. This place was OK, but not as clean as I had expected. The deli part was less than impressive, with a limited selection of Italian deli meats. We bought some cheeses and some pasta. Finally we went to Publix to reload the larder. What a workout for me... I could think of nothing beyond my recliner and the golf match on TV.

When we got home I found another deli... big website, a "Cheese Room", and what looked like a very large selection of some really great stuff. Problem: its 30 miles away in St. Petersburg. Maybe I'll send somebody to get some stuff... I'm sure Becky will zero right in on the Cheese Room. I swear she's part mouse. No wonder she works for Disney!

On our trip I saw a sign for fireworks and the Fourth of July that was fast approaching. When the 4th comes up, I'll only have about a week and a half left here and I can go home... can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Uncle Don! That Italian deli in St Pete is called Mazzaro's...I promise you, you won't be disappointed! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete